Mark Hammond wrote:

Apparently not from Python.  It would be easy to add,

If you do happen to add this, another thing you might
want to investigate is why PyCCmdUI isn't automatically
doing this when you read the m_pMenu property, as seems
to happen in most other places if you call a method
that returns a wrapped MFC object.

but I guess that doesn't help you much now (or parse the repr() and use ctypes to de-ref the pointer, then wash your hands ;)

I was hoping to avoid having to use ctypes:-(. I'm
working around it for now using weak refs and a global
dict to make my own reverse mapping, but it's disappointing
having to do this when the information is hidden in there
all along.

--
Greg