Philip Bloom wrote:
Hello,
This is my first post the python win32 programming list, so hello.

I'm trying to figure out a way to tell where a Reparse Point
(<JUNCTION>) is really pointing programmatically.  I can determine
pretty easily a folder is a Junction
(win32api.GetFileAttributes(folder)==1040), but from there, I can't seem
to find a way to tell where that reparse point is reparsing into.  I've
seen C++ code that does it, but it depends on FindFirstFile, which I
don't see in win32api or win32file for python.

You'll need to use the DeviceIoControl function, exposed in
win32file from the pywin32 package. I don't think I've got
an example to hand, but you can pretty much transliterate
any C++ code. You'll have to roll your own structures, tho'.
There's a (random) example here in case it helps:

http://www.flexhex.com/docs/articles/hard-links.phtml

If I get the chance I'll put an example together.

FindFirstFile, btw, is sort-of exposed via win32file.FindFilesIterator
which wraps it and its companions as a Python iterator.

TJG