I'm trying to return an Excel range using the "A1" type of notation.
Specifically: 'e5:e10,e35'. (6 contiguous cells plus 1 more). The return is
always just the 6 contiguous cells (e5:e10) but not the one at e35. If I try
something like ‘a1,a5’, the return is only the value of ‘a5’, everything
after the comma is ignored. To experiment I've changed the comma with a
period, space, semi-colon, etc. (which are all improper Excel syntax) and an
exception gets thrown at the gen.py file at line 31739 which is the range()
method, so that's working correctly. If I look at the range.count property
it is 7 which is also correct. If I look at the len() of the returned tuple
it also shows 7 but the tuple only has 6 elements. I've tried changing the
.Empty/.Missing/.ArgNotFound on the three lines (71, 18, and 19) but that
makes no difference. I've searched the groups and lists but haven't found
anything on this. Why is that last cell value never returned? Am I missing
something or is this maybe a bug?

I’m using Python 2.6

PythonWin 2.6.1 (r261:67517, Dec 4 2008, 16:51:00) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32.

I’ve searched but haven’t found anything on this issue, thanks in advance,
JR