Hullo! I'm having a problem interfacing with a proprietary COM library on
Windows, and I was hoping someone could help. I'm no COM guru, so apologies
in advance if my terminology gets a little muddled...

I'm accessing the COM library via gencache.EnsureModule. It was all working
as expected until I needed to access a property of a COM interface that
returns a variant. So:

    my_object.SomeMethod() # works fine
    val = my_object.RunningProcessInfo #throws a 'The parameter is
incorrect' com_error
    val = my_object.RunningProcessInfo() #tried that just in case, but it
also throws a 'The parameter is incorrect' com_error
    val = my_object.get_RunningProcessInfo() #nope, "object has no attribute

'get_RunningProcessInfo()'"

Looking at the generated interface python file, although RunningProcessInfo
exists, there is no reference to the PROCESS_INFO structure it is meant to
return. If I browse the library using the pythonwin COM browser I can see
that the relevant structure exists, flagged as a 'Record' in the browser,
although I can't inspect its members.

Thinking that maybe structures are generated on the fly, I tried forcing the

creation of the given record type:

    val = win32com.client.Record("PROCESS_INFO", my_object) #The structure
"PROCESS_INFO" is not defined in the module <module win32com.gen_py.####>

As such, from my point of view of almost total ignorance, it seems that my
problem is being caused by the PROCESS_INFO structure not being
generated/accessible. More likely, of course, it that I'm being an arse and
doing it wrong.

Some other notes:
- I've tried similar things using the late binding 'Dispatch' interface, but

without any luck.
- I've tried the same thing with various other properties that return
structures, with the same result.
- It may not be related, but I've also had a look at some other libraries,
such as the "DirectX Transforms Core Type Library", and there are lots of
structures in there that appear in the COM browser, but don't appear in the
generated interface file.
- I'm running 32bit python 2.6 and pywin32 build 213, on Vista 64.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Simon