Khalid Moulfi wrote:
Hi all,
I have thousands of file and I must update only the first line. My concern is : is it possible to read only the first line for each of these files and update the first line only without reading the file completely ? Version of Python is 2.2.1 Thanks for any help,

when the length of the line/initial bytes doesn't change (by means of enough balancing spaces or so) you can open the file in "r+" mode and overwrite sections; e.g. after reading some bytes/line or so do f.seek(0) and overwrite the initial bytes.