2009/5/4 J. Marc Edwards <jmarcedwa...@gmail.com>:
> However, I am now receiving an error message from the Windows MSI installer
> that says:
>
> "The system cannot open the device or file specified."
>
> And then a windowed message:
>
> "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
> This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2755."

In my experience, this error is occured when .msi file has limited permission.
For example, copying the file by cygwin's cp command makes such a situation.
Check the file permission in detail dialog from security tab of file's
property dialog.
If the use 'SYSTEM' does not have read permission, you'll got the error.

--
Shun-ichi GOTO