Fadhley Salim wrote:
> Thanks Roger,
>
> Would you care to comment about how to get the 3rd line of my script
> working? I'm guessing that the fault lies with my use of the Proxy
> options (the tuple argument) - this is supposed to map onto
> WINHTTP_AUTOPROXY_OPTIONS (
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384123(VS.85).aspx ) - I'm
> just not sure how to make this work in Python!
>
> import win32inet
> hSession = win32inet.WinHttpOpen ("foo 1.0", 0, "", "", 0)
> proxy = win32inet.WinHttpGetProxyForUrl( hSession, "http://www.foo.com";,
> (0,0,u"",None,0,1) )
> print proxy

Are you sure this works in C?  Have you tried it?  In
WINHTTP_AUTOPROXY_OPTIONS, you aren't telling it which mechanisms to try
in order to get the proxy auto-config file.  I would have guess you need
to specify at least WINHTTP_AUTOPROXY_AUTO_DETECT.

> Disclaimer CALYON UK:
> This email does not create a legal relationship between any member of the ...

I have to say, your messages carry the most obnoxious legal disclaimer
I've encountered in a long, long time.  The efficacy of such disclaimers
has never been established in court, to my knowledge.