[copying back to the list]

Not sure how to reply to the thread, since I thought that if I reply to "python-win32@python.org" then it would start a new thread?

Replying to python-win32@python.org is the right thing to
do; the mailing list software should recognise all the
clues it needs to continue the thread.

sebastian.ve...@uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:
Hi Tim,

I tried this:
a = win32com.client.Dispatch("access.application")
connStr = 'Driver={PostgreSQL
Unicode};Server=%s;Database=%s;Uid=%s;Pwd=%s;ConnSettings="set TimeZone to -8; set search_path to pid,public;"'

Well that surprised me: you're using Access as a frontend
to PostgreSQL?
a.OpenCurrentDatabase(r'C:/TEMP/db1.mdb')
a.DoCmd.CopyObject(connStr,'MyTable2',0,'MyTable1')

but it threw an exception that I couldn't interpret. Can you please help?

This is obviously tricky with two different databases in the equation, one of them PostgreSQL, but what will be
most helpful is for you to produce an easily reproducible
sample which someone else can run, plus the traceback you
get. Going through this exercise may even cause you to
track down the problem yourself. In particular, try to
eliminate external dependencies: try to do the copy table
thing between two Access databases, or within the same
one (if that's possible; I haven't used Access in earnest
for a while now).

TJG