Jason Baker wrote:

> Nope.  I get linker errors saying it cant find a whole slew of symbols
> from the Python library.  I haven't been able to figure out any other
> way to get it to work without replacing python25.lib with python25.dll
> (from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32).
>
> If it makes any difference, I'm using MinGW to build this.

It makes a HUGE difference.  The gcc compiler in MinGW doesn't
understand the Microsoft library format.  If you want to build
extensions with MinGW, then you must build your Python from source,
using MinGW.  You can't use a standard distribution.  (Well, you could
use the Python that is available through Cygwin, I believe).

I believe there are recipes on the web that describe this.  On the
whole, I would think it would be much easier to go download the
appropriate free Visual Studio Express Edition that matches your Python
version, and use that to build your extension.