Hi,

I've been using Tim Golden's winshell module for a couple of years and just in the last week or so, I've been receiving the following error from multiple users:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "\\debianso\loginscript$\MCISpy.py", line 267, in ?
   import SoScripts
 File "\\debianso\loginscript$\PythonPackages\Utilities\SoScripts.py", line 49,
in ?
program_files = winshell.programs() File "\\Debianis\loginscript$\Python24\lib\site-packages\winshell.py", line 71, in programs
   return get_path ((shellcon.CSIDL_PROGRAMS,
shellcon.CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS)[common])
 File "\\Debianis\loginscript$\Python24\lib\site-packages\winshell.py", line
44, in get_path
   return shell.SHGetPathFromIDList (shell.SHGetSpecialFolderLocation (0,
folder_id))
com_error: (-2147024893, 'The system cannot find the path specified.', None,
None)

I don't understand why this is happening. Nothing has been changed with their Python install or the winshell module. Can this be caused if the user's remote roaming profile cannot be located and they end up logged in as a temporary user? Oddly enough, right before that line, I call winshell.desktop() and that works.

This is running from a Python 2.4 installation with winshell 0.2 (I think). As you can see from the paths above, it is running from a network location on a linux box, although the client is a Windows XP Pro box.

Thanks,

Mike