Ron Arts wrote:

> I want to logout the user from a remote session when the desktop is
> locked, and log her in again when it is unlocked.
>
> There seem to be various ways of catching these events:
>
> - WTS API
> - ISensLogon Interface (SENS)
> - Using Service Control Manager (SCM) Notifications (only for services?)
> - Winlogon Notification Packages (deprecated and removed from Vista)
>
> I currently am trying the following (using WTS API):
>
>   if "wxMSW" in wx.PlatformInfo:
>       import win32ts
>       win32ts.WTSRegisterSessionNotification(self.GetHandle(),
> win32ts.NOTIFY_FOR_THIS_SESSION)
>
> This does not throw errors at me, but now I am baffled as how I can
> catch the WTS events.

Your window will now receive WM_WTSSESSION_CHANGE messages.  There's a
sample at http://wiki.wxpython.org/MonitoringWindowsUsb that provides a
wxPython mixin class that allows you to capture arbitrary window
messages.  When using this, you'd just say:
        self.addMsgHandler( WM_WTSSESSION_CHANGE, self.onSessionChange )
        self.hookWndProc()

    def onSessionChange( self, wParam, lParam ):

WM_WTSSESSION_CHANGE is 0x02b1.

> Also, is this the appropriate method as the docs state that it
> requires Windows Terminal
> Services loaded (which I don't have running).

Starting with XP, all systems run with Windows Terminal Services
enabled.  That's how fast user switching is implemented, among other things.