Grant:

( I read your new source code before commenting ...  NICE PROJECT !  <insert
back patting here> )

The constants you are using here are hard-coded into adodbapi, therefore
adodbapi.adTinyInt
has the same value as adTinyInt in your dbe_globals.py
and win32com.client.constants.adTinyInt

I assume that those values are not likely to change -- since they end up in
a lot of static compiled code -- and a few extra hard-coded definitions of
them laying around in Python source modules should not be a source of
difficulty. IMHO your recent solution is correct.

My goal is to get adodbapi to the point where it can be pretty much a
drop-in replacement for pgdb and MySQLdb in most cases, so that programmers
can use it to start moving code like yours into newer and/or weirder
environments (i.e. IronPython and Python 3). I will be referring to your
work as I add postgresql tests to the adodbapi suite.
--
Vernon Cole