hello,

AFAIK it's not allowed to connect a network share more than once.
As my shares can already be connected through by another program,
I need to detect if a network share is already connected,
So I try to get a list of available network shares,
but I don't see the network shares, although they are available.

Attempt 1:
  import wmi
   c = wmi.WMI ()
   for share in c.Win32_Share ():
     print 'SSSSSSSSSSSSS', share.Name, share.Path

Attempt 2:
   import win32net
   import win32netcon

   COMPUTER_NAME = "" # look at this machine
   INFO_LEVEL = 2

   resume = 0
   while 1:
     (shares, total, resume) = \
       win32net.NetShareEnum (
         COMPUTER_NAME,
         INFO_LEVEL,
         resume,
         win32netcon.MAX_PREFERRED_LENGTH
       )
     for share in shares:
       print 'PPPPPP', share['netname'], "=>", share['path']
     if not resume:
       break

A workaround, that seems to work correctly :
 try :
   os.path.exists ( Share_Name )
   return True
 except :
   print 'NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPP', Share_Name

 ... otherwise try to connect the share

Any better ideas ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki