On 5/01/2010 3:51 AM, Sunny Carter wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying my posting again with a different subject so that it is more
generic.
I am having problems calling across the win32 API using a Boolean
argument in Python 3.0 (False in my python script) which is not
recognised as a Boolean (The error I get back from setattr is 'Boolean
value expected').
Has the way that a Boolean is represented changed in Python 3.0? This
worked fine in Python 2.6. I cannot get it to work and have tried values
of False,True,0 and 1, all to no avail.
It sounds like a bug in the win32com API for 3.0 to me.
Further details below.
Many thanks to anyone that can help,

I expect something subtle is going on with boolean conversions in 3.x, but the test suite does have coverage of booleans, so I'm really not sure what the problem could be. I don't have photoshop so I'm unable to reproduce - I intend revisiting the tests to see if I can spot an edge case which isn't tested, but I'm yet to get to that after the holidays...

Cheers,