On 28-01-2010 00:08, Tim Roberts wrote:
Stef Mientki wrote:
Showing the code is always difficult for me, because I encapsulate
these complex things.
The code I gave above doesn't work either :-)
I use a kill method that also kills the children and seems to be the
essential thing is this situation,
(btw why are there children ?)
There are child processes because you are setting "shell" to true.
Thus, subprocess actually launches cmd.exe, and cmd.exe launches Python.

Is there a reason you need a subshell, or was that superstition?

thanks Tim,

I set Shell = True, to get rid of that ugly black dos box,
but on second thought pythonw and Shell=False is a better solution.

cheers,
Stef