On 13/02/2010 14:28, Aahz wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010, Tim Golden wrote:
The other half deals with the case where you want to use this sort
of technique but where you're in a service or otherwise don't have a
top-level window. If the WMI stuff doesn't work for you and you need
this kind of thing (and don't have/want a top-level window) then we
can try to run something up on the basis of the article.

That's definitely true for my company (running as a service), so if it's
not too much trouble for you, we'd definitely appreciate it.

Just realised that pywin32 ships with an example of this.
From my site-packages directory:

win32\Demos\service\serviceEvents.py

I haven't had the chance to try it out, but let is know if it does
meet your case.

TJG