Thanks, Tim.

I've just subscribed to the python-win32 mailing list and I'll copy this
post to it.

So, my task, in this instance is to retrieve the membership list of a 1650
member AD security group.  That means the group has a 1650 item multi-value
attribute.  It's refusing to send more than 1500, of course. Since this
isn't about objects, page_size and size_limit don't *appear* to help.
 Instead, last night I was working on a technique called "range retrieval."
 Do you suppose I'm missing something?

Range retrieval is documented here:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367017(VS.85).aspx

and the example that finally helped me get it working is here:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa705933(VS.85).aspx

This is what made it click:

    commandPrefix = "<LDAP://" & strGroupDN & ">;(objectClass=*);member;range="
    commandSuffix = ";base"

I needed to specify the full ADSPath to the group - the groupDN essentially.
 Until I did that, the query would blow up anytime I put in the bit about
"...;member;range=1500-*;..."

I'll be hacking around on this all morning.

Best,
Mike

--
Mike Diehn