Bill Janssen wrote:

   myprogram --title="That's the game! says Mike "Hammer" Brotsky" --file=...

Since
cmd.exe also supports pipelines, I'd sort of expect it to do the right
thing on Windows, too.

Don't know about later versions, but in Python 2.5 the pipes
module is listed under "Unix specific services", so I guess
it was never designed with Windows in mind.

The reason it fails on Windows is that it assumes single
quotes can be used to quote a string containing double
quotes. But Windows usually requires double quotes around
arguments, so you will have to escape the inner quotes:

--title="That's the game! says Mike \"Hammer\" Brotsky"

A quick test suggests that this will work, at least in the
case where the program being passed the args is a Python
program.

--
Greg