Hello,
I need to be able to send some information through my computer's serial port. I
am using python version 2.6, the pyserial 1.21 module, and the pywin module. My
code seems to be sending info somewhere, because any print statement I add
after the import serial command doesn't show up in my terminal window. However,
the device connected to my serial port doesn't seem to be registering any
received information. I want to send the string "FREQ 720 MHz."

If anyone could help me out with this code, it would be greatly appreciated:

import serial
ser = serial.Serial(0) #if port has specific name, use: ser =
serial.Serial('portName', 19200, timeout=0)
print ser.portstr #should tell you what specific port was used
ser.write('FREQ 720 MHz')
ser.close()

Thanks,
Dan