From: Kevin Horn <kevin.h...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [python-win32] running a python script on WinXP by icon
double-clicking.
To: "Vineet Deodhar" <d_vin...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 4 August, 2010, 12:11

First check that .py or .pyw files are associated with the proper executables.

from an explorer window, choose Tools -> Folder Options
then click on the file types tab

find the PY and PYW entries in the list, and make sure their "Opens with"
entries are correct

PY -> python.exe
PY -> pythonw.exe

If those are correct, and you still have problems, then perhaps your python
installation is messed up somehow,
or there's something really strange about your script.

Hope this helps,
Kevin Horn