Hi All,

I have asked this question before, but there were no answers then. I have
several problems relating to Python in classic ASP using WSC's, but this one
is the real showstopper for us.

When I use Python in a WSC and I instantiate that WSC in a classic ASP page,
all works as expected, if the code inside the WSC is bug-free. However, if
there is a bug in the Python code inside the WSC, IIS just gives me
something like:

*error '80020009'**
**Exception occurred.
**/tools/python.asp**, line 6*

When I use vbscript in the WSC and there's a bug, Visual studio just pops up
and lets me debug it. Not so with Python.

I have tried several routes, Googling (ofcourse), using win32traceutil (*
print()* output appears in the trace collector, but an error doesn't, so
stdout seems to work, and stderr doesn't ). I've also tried debugview from
sysinternals, because I've read somewhere that that program can also show
tracebacks, but in my case it shows nothing. I've enabled debugging in the
WSC, in the registry for active scripting and in IIS for both client side as
well as server side. I've also tried setting stderr to stdout and using
trace collector.

I don't need a fancy solution, just a way to view the traceback somewhere.
If anyone has a suggestion, even a far-fetched one, I'm willing to try it.

Thanks,

Erik