On 16-01-2011 17:44, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 16/01/2011 12:51 PM, Stef Mientki wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> I just got tipped about a program that's standard available in windows,
>>       wbemtest
>> might be interesting to find or browse wmi settings.
>
> Thanks. It is quite useful. If you want a slightly less powerful,
> python-based alternative, you might want to try the wmiweb
> module which comes packaged with the wmi module:
>
>   http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi/index.html
hi Tim,

I certainly don't want to promote wbemtest as a replacement for your fabuluous
WMI module !!

But for more complex things,
where there is no example in your excellent WMI pages,
often examples in Visual Basic can be found.

Translating these VB examples to python-wmi is not always that straight forward.
In those cases wbemtest is very usefull to test the wmi queries
and then these queries can easily be transportec to wmi-python.

cheers,
Stef