We are using PCI &PCIe Parallel Port plugin cards to control some external
hardware because newer motherboards no longer have built-in parallel ports.
The address is NOT 0x378 as it would be if the parallel port was on the
motherboard.

The OS is Windows XP, SP3.

These plugin cards can get mapped into various address spaces when the
driver loads. In order to  minimize hard-coding these addresses on each
system, I would like to find out if there is a way to get this address via
Pythonwin or Ctypes.

To turn the port on & off, I use this call:

ctypes.windll.inpout32.Out32(parallelPortAddress, onOff) via ctypes,

and this DLL
http://logix4u.net/Legacy_Ports/Parallel_Port/Inpout32.dll_for_Windows_98/2000/NT/XP.html

Is there a way I can get the address of the parallel port- from Python?

Thanks