Shashwat Sinha wrote:

> Thanks for your response.  After sending the post I was able to do
> attachments but other properties like SenderEmailAddress are not
> working.  It gives me an AttributeError as follows:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "autoMailer.py", line 118, in sendMail
>     mail.SenderEmailAddress = 'shashwat...@gmail.com'
> <mailto:%27shashwat...@gmail.com%27>
>   File "C:\Python272\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
> line 470, i
> n __setattr__
>     raise AttributeError("'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" %
> (repr(self), attr
> ))
> *AttributeError: '<win32com.gen_py.Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object
> Library._MailIte
> m instance at 0x39818584>' object has no attribute 'SenderEmailAddress'*
> C:\Temp>

Yes, I see now that the documentation says that's a "read-only"
attribute;  it is only present when you read an existing message that's
already in your Outlook data store.  Apparently, Outlook will only send
messages that come from one of your Outlook identities.

That's not really much of a surprise.

> I am confused as 'Attachments' works but not other properties.  Could
> you provide some more hints?  I was also trying to add signature by
> doing:
>
> mail.AddBusinessCard = 'Signature1'

AddBusinessCard is a method, not a property.  It has to be called like a
function.  However, it doesn't accept a simple string; it takes a
ContactItem object, which you would have to get from the list of Outlook
contacts.