I am trying to access a sqlbase database, In the past I had no problem, but
after re-installing python and win32 etc and therefore getting latest
version of adodbapi I get the following symptom

When I do cursor.execute("select xxx from sometable") and xxx contains one
of the following columns as described by the cursor.description attribute:
(u'STATELVDINCODE', 200, None, 2, 255, 255, False)
(u'LCLTYWRKEDINCODE', 200, None, 4, 255, 255, False)
(u'LCLTYLVDINCODE', 200, None, 4, 255, 255, False)
(u'EZLMEMPLOYEEID', 200, None, 32, 255, 255, False)

By going back to version 2.2.5 I no longer get this failure.  I have tried
to walk into the code and have yet to determine just where it is failing, It
fails in the execute setup, but doesn't error, just returns -1.  can you
give me an idea where to look in the code, maybe some exception is getting
caught and not returned?

A second problem with a different (foxpro) database, is field type 131
adDBDate is getting converted to a datetime and the value returned is
datetime.datetime(yyyy, MM, dd, hh, mm) I would prefer to get datetime.date
objects,

Thanks for any piinters. I will try to find just where things are going
astray, but as yet not familiar with the code.

max