On 15/06/2012 22:55, Radek Holý wrote:
2012/6/15 Roger Upole<rup...@hotmail.com>:
Looks like the parameters to SetIntegerElement are reversed:

objWBM.Methods_('SetIntegerElement').InParameters.Properties_[0].Name
'Integer'
objWBM.Methods_('SetIntegerElement').InParameters.Properties_[1].Name
'Type'

If I switch the call to
success, = call(objWBM, "SetIntegerElement", 5, 0x25000004)
the expected value is printed.

  Roger

Wow, what a surprise. I did not expect that. I feel stupid that I did
not come out. :-[ I’m solving it for three days in a row... In the
Microsoft’s documentation (and in Visual Basic) it is reversed.

Thank you very much for your help!

In fact, since you're already using the wmi module, you can see the correct order of parameters via the method's repr:

<code>
import wmi

print wmi.WMI (namespace="wmi").BCDObject.SetIntegerElement
# <function SetIntegerElement (Integer, Type) => (ReturnValue)>

</code>

TJG