Steffen Frömer wrote:
> i have to check, if a comserver-dll is registered in my system.
>
> comserver is registered via command "regsvr32.exe /i myComServer.dll"
> My System is Windows 7 64bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit.
>
> Is there a way to check this with python and if the check fails, can i
> register this?
> How can i do this?

There is no danger in redoing a registration that has already been
done.  All it does is add some registry keys.  Might as well just do it
every time.  Add "/s" if you don't want to see the dialog box.

Alternatively, assuming you are running a 64-bit Python, you can just
call the registration entry point directly:
    import ctypes
    dll = ctypes.OleDLL('myComServer.dll')
    dll.DllRegisterServer()

That's exactly what Regsvr32 does.  It is not a highly sophisticated
application.