On 12/16/2012 12:46 AM, Mark Hammond wrote:
That's very strange. pywin32 *will* be passing a second param - a byref bstr. byref params do work in general, so you might need to contact the vendor of the object for help.

Cheers,

Mark

I'm the vendor of the object :) As I mentioned, I just created this small test app which reproduces the issue having just those 3 simple methods. However, I'm not able to talk to it via Python. It seems to be a pretty simple interface. Any idea what else I might be missing? What do I need to do on the python side to call that method with the out params?

You indicated that the out params should be converted to a return value. Why does the MakePy generated method signature not indicate this? i.e. why does it show 2 arguments?

You said above that pywin32 *will* be passing a second param - a byref bstr. That suggests to me that there's some other method I need to call which internally calls the real method from pywin32. Where is the method I need to call then? I don't see any method generated there with only a single arg?

Dave