2013/2/12 Jonatan Magnusson <jonatan.magnus...@gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> I recently posted this to python-list but I got no responses so I'm trying
> here instead:
>
> I'm trying to build Python 3.3.0 on Windows using Visual Studio 2010
> Express.
>
> I opened the solution (pcbuild.sln) and built the "python" project
> (including its dependencies of course) and that worked fine with just a few
> warnings.
>
> But I need to build Python using the the static C runtime so I followed
> the instructions (readme.txt):
>
> * Changed "Runtime Library" to non-DLL variant (/MT or /MTd) for each of
> the projects (make_buildinfo, make_versioninfo, kill_python, python core,
> w9xpopen and python)
> * Changed preprocessor macro Py_ENABLED_SHARED to Py_NO_ENABLE_SHARED in
> the pythoncore project
> * Changed configuration type from Dynamic Library to Static library for
> the pythoncore project
>
> Then I recompiled and once again it built with just a few warnings, until
> the link stage where "__imp__Py_Main" was unresolved!

You should probably set Py_NO_ENABLE_SHARED in the main "python" project as
well.

> Is it no longer supported to build against the static runtime libraries or
> am I doing something wrong?

Was it even supported at some point?
See http://bugs.python.org/issue1327594
Don't forget to add all needed extension modules to your project. .pyd
cannot work in a static library world.

> (I've also found that getbuildinfo.c is linked against the DLL runtime and
> I had to change the source code of make_buildinfo.c to change that.)

You can probably modify the "make_buildinfo" project instead.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc