Hello list,
I have written a test script to run as a service.  The service starts up
properly, and spawns a subprocess (called test.py) using subprocess.Popen.
However, I am having no luck killing the subprocess when I stop the
service.  I am using os.kill()

It works fine when running pythonservice.exe in debug mode.  But when I
start it using "net start" the subprocess.Popen.pid matches the "cmd" that
it spawns (due to shell=True, I suppose).  I have tried it without
shell=True, but can't get the script to run without it.

The test script is a simple script that periodically writes to a file.  The
script that I actually need to make work is a twisted twistd (.tac) file,
which will have multiple TCP connections open, and I need to be able to
close those connections before it exits.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Patrick Tisdale