Quick question - might have asked it in past, but not sure - but, issue is
while was quite happy with using sound_lib to handle/implement playback of
audio clips of iether MP3, or WAV formats, partly since it could handle minor
implementation of audio effects like stereo panning, and pitch/frequency
changes easily enough, as well as letting me easily set/get starting points for
playback, etc., there, again seems to be an issue with dependencies, or
something when I now compile the executables using cx_freeze - here's the info
from a person who tested/tried out something for me:

---collected information---
cx_Freeze: Python error in main script
---------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line
27, in <module>
  File "bzPersonal.py", line 13, in <module>
  File "C:\pythonScripts\personalAssistant\bzPersonalAudioBooks.py", line 4, in
<module>
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sound_lib-0.6.2-py2.7.egg\sound_lib\__init__.py",
 line 3, in <module>
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sound_lib-0.6.2-py2.7.egg\sound_lib\main.py",
line 1, in <module>
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sound_lib-0.6.2-py2.7.egg\sound_lib\external\__init__.py",
 line 2, in <module>
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sound_lib-0.6.2-py2.7.egg\sound_lib\external\pybass_aac.py",
 line 14, in <module>
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\sound_lib-0.6.2-py2.7.egg\sound_lib\external\pybass.py",
 line 62, in <module>
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\platform_utils-0.24-py2.7.egg\platform_utils\libloader.py",
 line 32, in load_library
  File
"c:\python27\lib\site-packages\platform_utils-0.24-py2.7.egg\platform_utils\libloader.py",
 line 39, in _do_load
  File "c:\python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 353, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found
---end info---

Seems to me like it's not managing to load some or other external library file,
but, am including the sound_lib dependency file folder collected by calling
sound_lib.py2exe_datafiles().

Am however now using cx_freeze to handle compilation, since py2exe doesn't seem
to handle some of the wx elements am making use of, but, had thought that that
function call should still collect relevant files, and thought placing them in
the sound_lib folder, in same location as executable should work - and it does
on my development machines, as well as a couple of other forms of test machine
have here, but, they've both got some development software installed, so not
most reliable in terms of end-user testing, and, the above error info is what
popped up on an actual end-user's windows7 machine, but anyway.

Either way, was just wondering, aside from sorting out this specific issue,
what other relatively simple/clean audio playback modules can you guys suggest
that would at the very least offer forms of stereo panning, and start/stop
positions - in terms of stop, would either prefer to have playback stream run
in background by itself, or if really need to, could implement my own threading
playback threads, as long as could then stop them when I wanted to, but, main
things are stereo panning, and being at the very least able to choose the
playback starting position for an audio clip, and, yes, will want tohandle both
.MP3 and .wav?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker