Tim Roberts wrote:
>Niemann, Hartmut wrote:

>>I want to create an Excel file through the python COM interface.
>>I can open the file, fill the cells, save the file.

>>Now I want to color single characters in the cell content.

>>In VBA ( see
>>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7618121/excel-vba-change-color-of-certain-characters-in-a-cell)
>>I would do
>>Cell.Characters(i, 1).Font.Color = vbRed

>>How does that translate to Python?
>>mycell.Characters[x:y] does not work, nor anything else I tried.

>That's interesting.  Theoretically, the Characters object should have a
>__call__ method, so you could call it exactly like in VB:
>    Cell.Characters(i,1)
>but I don't see that in the generated COM interface.

That is what the error message is:
  File "D:\PRJ\DPS\bin\itm_diff.py", line 252, in diff_output_table_excel
    charrange = chars(1,2)  ## this should work but doesn''t yet.
AttributeError: Characters instance has no __call__ method

I tried again and removed the make_py generated interface, now I get a
different error:

  File "D:\PRJ\DPS\bin\itm_diff.py", line 252, in diff_output_table_excel
    charrange = chars(1,2)  ## this should work but doesn''t yet.
  File "D:\bin\Python27\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line
192, in __call__
    return
self._get_good_object_(self._oleobj_.Invoke(*allArgs),self._olerepr_.defaultDispatchName,None)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352573, 'Mitglied nicht gefunden.', None, None)

>That's going to be an ugly one to chase down.

Where can we start the chase?

With best regards

Hartmut Niemann