Hi,

I was very pleased to see that retrieving properties of a MAPI object yields
either a <str> or <bytes> type depending on whether the _A or _W property
was queried and entryids are always returned as bytes types. Very nice! This
makes a lot of bin2str2bin conversion and encoding/decoding code obsolete.
Nevertheless now it seems that mapi.BinFromHex has a problem (needed to
convert entryids retrieved from the Outlook Object Model) with the input
type. It says it needs unicode input but I think it rather expects a 8-bit
string although it rejects bytes types. I replaced it by binascii.unhexlify
and do not need it anymore but for completeness I thought it should be reported.

Christian