Kashif Ali wrote:

> I was helping someone can help me out. I am using the pywin32 module,
> however  I can't work out how to get the mouse to highlight specific
> text on a webpage and save it into a variable.
>
> I'm making an auto clicker, everything seems to be fine I can click on
> browser url bar, enter a url etc... But if I wanted to select text I
> don't know how to, then I would like for it save that into a variable,
> which I can use to work out next steps.
>
> for example, copy a number from the webpage put it into the clipboard
> then transfer it into a variable to do some arithmetic on etc..

Your description is a little confusing, in part because it's not clear
what you mean by "auto clicker".  Are you saying that you want to be
able to select text manually with your mouse, then do something that
uses the selected text?  Traditionally, that has been done by a browser
plug-in, which means different modules for each different browser.

You can't do it with the normal UI automatic tools, because the browsers
don't use normal window controls.  They implement their own controls,
then draw everything into a bitmap, then blit the bitmap to the screen.
Basically, the browsers have become an operating system unto themselves.