Many thanks - by specifying '-F' I was able to produce an .exe file which appeared in the 'build' folder. This could be moved to another folder and still work, which is what I was looking for. My only question is about the other files in the 'build' folder and its subfolders. Are these still needed? If so, what if I make another standalone executable? Is there a need for another 'build' folder tree for it, to exist as well as the 'build' folder tree for the first standalone executable?

Regards

John Sampson