Thank you Tim.  Your advise is been of great help.

I just purchased M. Hammond's "Python Programming on Win32" book.  Though a
bit old the (1999) still is of great help.  I have been able to make simple
COM servers so far.  However, I have a question regarding the code examples
found in his http://starship.python.net/ web site.  Are they written in
Python 1.x...  or Python 2.x?  I wonder if there are code examples written
for Python 3.x?

Cheers to all in the mailing list.

> Diego Vélez Torres wrote:
> >
> > I need to make a COM object upon my Python code, so I can call it from
> > .NET programs (ie. Visual Basic, VB6).  I need the COM object (or DLL)
> > to be stand alone, because the target PCs where the final programs are
> > going to run won't have Python installed. I know so far that py2exe
> > supports this directly:
> > http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2exeAndCtypesComDllServer
> >
> > I've tried to make some samples with the given link's instructions,
> > but I haven't been lucky. I only got empty 'dist' and 'build' folders.
> > I've search for documentation on the web for quite a long time with no
> > luck. I realized that I need more information besides the one provided
> > by the above's link:
> >
> >  1. How the Python module that I want to compile must be written?  I
> >     mean, all functions and classes in module will be available for
> >     the outside code through the COM Object?  That module needs
> >     specific lines of code?
> >

> What you are trying to create is a COM server.  If you search for
> "python COM server", you will find many examples.  It does have to be
> written in a particular way.  You have to identify the functions you
> want to be exposed, the registry program ID, and the registry GUID in
> specially named class members (_public_methods_, _reg_progid_,
> _reg_clsid_).
>
> I suggest you make the COM part work first.  Once you have that working,
> then you can dig in to py2exe to make it standalone.
>
> --
> Tim Roberts, t...@probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Diego Vélez Torres