Hi, I'am trying to use adodbapi to wrap a connection to an .accdb MS Access
database and I'm getting an error when executing a query with a date
parameter.For what I could deduce the problem is that it converts to COMDate
only if "settings_known" is set, which seems not to be the case for Access
querys, and defaults to assuming that the parameter is a string even if it is a
datetime object.
I have solved the problem changing the following lines of code in adodbapi.py
(in function _configure_parameter):
 195   elif type(value) in dateconverter.types: 196 (old)     #if
settings_known and adotype in api.adoDateTimeTypes: 196 (new)     if adotype in
api.adoDateTimeTypes:   197           p.Value = dateconverter.COMDate(value)
198       else: #probably a string
This works but it is not very portable as it requires to change library code on
each installation.
Any suggestions?
I have also tried running it as a stored procedure (with callproc), but in that
case it tries to retrieve paramenter information (cmd.Parameters.Refresh).
Which it does without error but getting all blanks. So it doesn´t work either.
Thanks