colin brice via python-win32 wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had ever been able to retrieve the username,
> process or PID for file changes, I am currently using the basis on the
> file monitor script taken from the Tim Golden website.

Not possible.  The Win32 API does not provide that information.  You can
go look it up; it is the FILE_NOTIFY_INFORMATION structure.  All it
tells you is that something about the file changed.  It's up to you to
figure out what changed, but there's no way to learn who made the
change.  After all, what if the change came from a process on a
different computer?