Glenn Linderman wrote:
Of course, the GetJob is decoding the structure properly... but its PyBuildValue parameter strings are much more complex than the PyArg_ParseTupleAndKewyords parameter strings, and there is mention of TCHAR in the JobToPy, but not in the PyToJob, so that makes it further seem like my speculations above might have some chance of being the problem.

I should not have scoffed at your speculation, because your analysis was correct.  The win32print code is calling SetJobW, which expects Unicode, but the JOB_INFO_1 structure is filled with ANSI strings.  That's a very nasty bug.  I'll file a bug report.

In the meantime, I'll fix up my little C++ example to do the job for you.