Am 20.02.2019 um 19:28 schrieb Dennis Lee Bieber:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 17:22:16 +0100, Sibylle Koczian <nulla.epist...@web.de>
declaimed the following:

UPCMD = "UPDATE tblHaupt SET item = :item, ort = :ort_id WHERE id = :h_id"

        As a total wild guess... try ending the SQL with a ; or space

or

That "wild guess" was exactly right. After adding ; or space to my update command my test script finished as expected. After removing the closing ORDER BY clause from a SELECT the IndexError appeared at the execution of that command.

I'd think that SQL statements ending with a :name parameter can't be that unusual, especially UPDATE and probably DELETE. But possibly the "named" paramstyle isn't much used.

Thank you very much,
Sibylle