On Jan 21, 2021, at 8:23 AM, Charlie Lamm <cl...@piscesinc.com> wrote:

> I am contemplating rolling out some pywin32 scripts but my office has a
> combination of 64 bit and 32 bit local office365 builds.
> Q: Will pywin32 scripts work w/ 64 bit office?
> Because of shelter in place I don’t have a W10 machine running 64 bit office
> to test this on, but maybe someone knows?

Usually, with a COM server, the bit size of your Python must match the bit size
of your COM server.  So, you'd need to use 64-bit Python to call a 64-bit COM
server.  (Note thet pywin32 is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit Pythons.)

However, the Office applications are out-of-process servers, so there’s a proxy
in the middle, and that should let it work.
—