On 2/02/2021 11:54 pm, Will Deem wrote:
Good morning Pywin32 mailing list,

  I appear to be running into an issue compiling my program using pyoxidizer
with pywin32. It appears there is some reliance on the __file__ attribute,
which is breaking as pyoxidizer is loading the modules into memory and there is
no __file__ attribute.

  Has anyone created a successful workaround for this issue? If not, is there a
means of monkey patching the __file__ attribute for the win32evtlog module so
the program can successfully compile?

That traceback isn't very helpful as it doesn't say what reference to __file__ is a problem - but everywhere __file__ is referenced the code is trying to find an actual file - often a DLL file.

The traceback also says "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'win32evtlog'" - I don't think that's related to __file__.

I've never heard of anyone using pywin32 with pyoxidizer, so you are blazing the trail here :)

Mark.