On Feb 16, 2021, at 5:49 PM, rhyslloyd1 <rhysllo...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response! I've made some progress since reading. My goal
> is to be able to talk to the NVIDIA Share API using Python. I found this
> <https://github.com/cm-pony/Experienceless/issues/1#issuecomment-763496808>
> post on GitHub the other day and I wanted to implement it myself. I've
> obviously bitten off more than I could chew.

I was wrong.  What you have there is the name of a mapping object, not the name
of a file.

> Also the "read_line" method doesn't exist apparently. This
> <https://pastebin.com/JjrA4jEJ> is the output now.

Your snippet is private; we can’t read it.  No, “read_line” isn’t going to
work.  This is not a file, it’s just a chunk of memory — a string of bytes.
The implication from your link is that this is a JSON string.  If so, you
should be able to read() the whole thing, do .decode(‘utf-8’) and pass the
result to a JSON decoder.
—