Hello!

I am trying to use the PyCwnd.HookMessage but seems to not be working, and I
read the email you sent to the Python-win32 mailing list:

Hi!

I'm trying to set a message hook with python to catch WM_DROPFILES.

The guiframework is Tkinter.

Here a code snippet:

 > hwnd = eval(self.wm_frame())

 > win32gui.DragAcceptFiles(hwnd,1)

 > wnd = win32ui.CreateWindowFromHandle(hwnd)

 > wnd.HookMessage(self.test,w32con.WM_DROPFILES)

 > def test(self):

 >    print "blala"

The DragAcceptFiles-Call seems to be alright. When i drag a file over

the gui there is this drag-and-drop icon. But the problem is, that the

callback-function (test) is never executed.

I also try different messages like Mousemove or Buttondown. So i think

there is a problem with the HookMessage function.

I read that you must compile Python with PYWIN_WITH_WINDOWPROC option

enabled. Is this the problem?

Can someone give me a short working code to hook a message so i can try

it on my workstation?

Thx in advance!

Would you be so kind to help me with the short code if you found how to do it?

Thanks,

Daniel Hernandez