Bastian Schnitzler wrote:
I want to use win32com to transfer photos from my iphone to my
computer (I found a code snippet here, that worked for me:
https://gitlab.com/lassi.niemisto/iphone-photo-dump/).
In addition I would like to use pywebview to build a GUI.
It is the same, except that the folder for Apple iPhone is missing on
the second go.

Why is the shell behaving differently here? Is this a bug in win32com
or is pywebview influencing it somehow? What can I do to make it work?

Have you tried configuring your app to use a local web server? If you don't run your own server, then your pywebview app runs inside the browser's process, and that is a highly protected sandbox.  That's probably why you don't see external devices.