Hey guys,

This is my first post. Hi everyone!

I was wondering why this simple snippet doesn't work fully with
selected clusters but seems to work with everything else:
-------------------------
from pymel.core import *

sel = ls(sl=1)

for obj in sel:
        globalPos = obj.getTranslation(space="world")
        newLoc = spaceLocator()
        newLoc.setTranslation(globalPos)
-------------------------

I'm trying to place locators at the position of some selected
clusters. If I select some other object type the script seems to work
but with clusters it doesn't set the translation at all, even though
globalPos does return values. Makes the locator though.

I'm on Maya 2008 by the way.

Any thoughts? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, or is it a bug?

Cheers,

   -- Alan

--
http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya