Sure, I'm only really just getting into it, looking at what we did at
Eurocom and taking it from there. I want to try and get a good standard
sorted before we push the same setups through our pipeline at work.

class MetaClass(object):

def __init__(self, node=None, name=None, nodeType='network',
autofill='all', **kws):
        '''
        Base Class for Meta support. This manages all the attribute and
class
        management for all subsequent inherited classes.

        :param node: Maya Node - if given we test it for the mClass
attribute, if it exists
                we initialize a class of that type and return. If not
passed in then we
                make a new network node for the type given.
        :param name: only used on create, name to set for the new Maya Node
(self.mNode)
        :param nodeType: allows you to specify a node of type to create as
a new mClass node.
                default is 'network', not that for any node to show up in
the get
                calls that type MUST be registered in the
RED9_META_NODETYPE_REGISTERY
        :param autofill: 'str' cast all the MayaNode attrs into the class
dict by default.
                Updated: modes: 'all' or 'messageOnly'. all casts every
attr, messageOnly
                fills the node with just message linked attrs (designed for
MetaClass work
                with HIK characterNode)

        .. note::

            mNode is now a wrap on the MObject so will always be in sync
even if the node is renamed/parented
        '''

kind of standard from what I can tell. I'll take a look at the decorator
stuff

thanks