Hi,

I've been meaning to learn how to efficiently serve a python module to all
workstations/render blades without actually installing it locally...

So far I've just copied already compiled modules from the site-packages
folder from a local installation and then I keep these in folders such as
python26_win7_site-packages, python26_linux_site-packages on the server.
Not the cleanest and nicest way of dealing with this, I guess. But what's
nice is my scripts just need to do something like this:

sys.path.append('/server/share/modules/')
import modulex

So it's easy to make new modules accessible for machines quickly.

My question is; how would you guys deal with this when building from source?
Eggs in separate OS folders?
Is it at all possible to build eggs for Win/Linux/OSX from one and the same
operating system?
I'm usually on Windows (7). Should I rather be using a Linux environment
for this type of work?

Is there an RTFM to this (and/or building eggs)?
Please point me towards any literature or write-up worth reading as I'm new
to making eggs (and building from source for that matter).

To be less abstract, I'm looking to build
stalker<https://pypi.python.org/pypi/stalker>from source and have it
available (although stored on the server) for all
machines (Win/Linux).

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

// Fredrik