I look forward to seeing how these new wrappers pan out. But they are just
wrappers like pymel. They'll encounter the same under-the-hood issues and
have to find some way to deal with them.
Pymel has had years of development and is accepted by Autodesk. And I'm
sure there will be similarities and overlap and compromises.

I do disagree with you about OOP vs. strings (maya.cmds). You can translate
your python skills to other forms of python if you understand the OOP
methodology and take advantage of oodles of modules out there  -- all using
the OOP methodology. having a string reperesent an object in 3D space,
itself an object-oriented world, also makes little sense to me.

I've spent years using pymel and I much prefer it to maya.cmds. (it has
maya.cmds inside so if I had to use it I could).
Especially for getting and setting attributes, connecfting attributes,
dealing with skin clusters, all rigging procedurals, shaders, and file
system importing and exporting, it has the path and glob functions built
in, references, namespaces... Pymel is powerful. As a creature TD I can't
agree with your disagreement. It is very useful.

Anyway, to each his own.