Hi Marcus,

Alembic does contain both but when a mesh is deforming it's transforms are
locked or static so it will just store point positions per frame whereas if
the transform is animated it will store the transform data per frame and
the point position remains static.

So for our workflow we just merge the animated alembic cache onto the
static lookdev model and that gives us the cache ready to light in the
scene with the correct shaders etc.  It's the same as Cache > Import
Alembic > Import Under Current Selection with the parent node(s) of your
geometry selected.  Not a blendshape in sight ; )

Neil